Depending on the method used to limit friction, there are two types of bearings: plain and roller bearings. Plain bearings consist of a simple fixed ring in different materials such as bronze, brass, anti-friction alloys or plastic materials such as nylon or Teflon. Roller bearings are made up of two coaxial rings, combined with the support and the pin respectively, equipped with seatings in which balls or rollers (ball bearings or roller bearings) slide. The thrust bearing is designed to withstand loads that are not strictly radial.
There are two types of bearing clearance:
- • Radial bearings: determine the radial displacement, also called offset, of the inner ring of the bearing;
- • Axial bearings: determine the axial displacement, that is to say along the axis, of the inner ring of the bearing. They are produced and used for managing axial loads by reducing friction, keeping the wear of the two associated components under control, avoiding overheating of the parts and making the movement quieter.
In general, three main elements allow the bearing to work, namely: the larger outer ring, the smaller inner ring and the rolling component that allows the two rings and, therefore, the bearing itself to move.
According to the specific construction, it is possible to have single-element bearings (cannot be structurally modified), removable bearings (the outer ring is kept closed by the nut and the fork) or splittable bearings (can be divided into two half-moons).
The company philosophy, that has always been a positive characteristic of this company, is to offer its customers continuous updates on the new technologies offered by the market and always keep up with the times too, using the latest generation of machinery for its production systems.
We have lathes, dedicated ovens, machinery used for pressing and grinding and tools for assembling components.
We produce two types of axial thrust bearings in pressed and turned sheet metal. The first is a very affordable product, due to its short production process, and it is suitable for being subjected to heavy loads at a low number of revolutions. The pressed axial thrust bearing is an extremely high-performance element, due to the post-production hardening of the sheet and heat treatment. These processes make it very effective in the mechanical sector.
Below we list the different characteristics of the bearings manufactured by us:
- • Roller bearings: they are characterised by their high load capacity. There are two particular types of bearings: for cylindrical rollers and for tapered rollers.
Cylindrical roller bearings are driven by the containment margins of the inner ring and the outer ring. To simplify their installation, the rings can be separated and fixed to the shaft or housing. Cylindrical roller bearings can be disassembled, and this special feature makes them easy to assemble and disassemble. If one of the two rings do not have a containment margin, they can move in an axial direction. In this case, to compensate for the thermal elongation of the shaft, the roller bearing can be used in the free bearing position. In addition, they can withstand a significant radial load. There is a variant of the roller bearings, i.e. needle roller bearings, in which the elements of which they are composed have smaller dimensions and diameters, so as to ensure the smallest possible footprint.
Tapered roller bearings, on the other hand, are designed to converge all the straight lines coinciding with the axes of the rollers, in a single point positioned on the bearing's axis of rotation. This type of bearing is composed of inclined cone sections and internal and external rings which follow a conical rolling motion. These too can be broken down into their main components (inner ring, outer ring, rollers and spacer cage), so as to be assembled with ease.
- • Furniture bearings: they are made of self-lubricating technopolymers, are extremely silent and are used for joint movements. Our bearings are perfect for the rotations and oscillations in all support points that constitute the centre of movement.
The combination of bearings and rollers in a single support, facilitates the types of smooth sliding and silent movements. They operate with weights up to 50 kg and can be used for wardrobes, chair and backrest movements, etc. Based on what the bearings will be used for and the type of furniture, they can be fully customised in terms of material, colour, thickness, diameter etc.
Our furniture bearings are light and inexpensive, but at the same time functional and long-lasting. We ensure fast delivery on all our orders and supply product that is corrosion-resistant and certified.
- • Another of our niche products are our hinge bearings which are used in armoured doors, fire doors, industrial doors as well as on office swivel chairs. The hinge is a special joint system between two elements that allows them both to rotate around an axis placed at the point where they join. It generally consists of two metal wings rotating independently around a pin, each of which is fixed on a piece to be joined together. There is also a particular type of hinge called 'spherical', which allows rotation around a point. It is possible to produce product to suit your needs. It can be made with the materials, diameters and thicknesses necessary for the function it will perform.
In addition, CMM Italy also produces heads for gravity rollers or motorised rollers used for handling various types of material.
The head is a joining element placed at the end of the roller conveyors which allows them to operate and ensures they are firmly connected to the entire rolling system. The heads must be of excellent quality in order for the roller to function perfectly.
For some types of bearings, moulds are made directly within the company, so as to reduce processing times to a minimum. In so doing, we are able to ensure an excellent finished product in extremely tight delivery times.
Visit our website: www.cmmitaly.com and contact us for a free, no-obligation quote on +39 (0) 41 5190344 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
CMM ITALY Via Tagliamento, 10 Mellaredo di Pianiga Venice.